New YesterdayNew Yesterday:10
User CountOverall:2698

People OnlinePeople Online:
VisitorsVisitors:184
MembersMembers:0
TotalTotal:184

Online NowOnline Now:

Forum

Forum  Discussions  Tow-Pac Inc  Kit is on the way...........
Previous Previous

Next Next
New Post 2/16/2008 12:44 PM
  taveau
5 posts
No Ranking

Kit is on the way...........  (United States)

I will be putting the Tow-Pac 12" kit on the wife's 2006 Burgman 400 Type S. 

I'm concerned about the reports on the attachment to the bracket on the 650, but I'm going to give it a try anyway.  I'll be looking for any advice you can give, so thanks in advance!

Gary and Cathy

His - 2006 Burgman 650 Executive, Hers - 2006 Burgman 400 Type S (soon with tow-pac)

New Post 2/16/2008 4:57 PM
  seatec
161 posts
10th Level Poster

Re: Kit is on the way...........  (Canada)

Welcome Gary and Cathy, hope someone here can help you, I have the Danson on my  06 650 exec.  Wayne

New Post 2/17/2008 9:33 PM
  Sonny1639
44 posts
No Ranking

Re: Kit is on the way...........  (N/A)

Don't know anything about the tow pac on the 400 but have over 2000 miles on mine on the 650. Yes, I did have the rear bracket break on the right side of the bike so just made a heavier mount for the right front side and used the same heavy screw mount as well as the 2 bolts that hold the muffler bracket on.

I have a 2006 and don't know if it is a model thing or not. I like the Tow pac so far. Riding/driving it is very different though so take a little time to get used to it and enjoy the not having to put a foot down.

Enjoy and have Fun...Sonny

New Post 3/18/2008 7:35 PM
  taveau
5 posts
No Ranking

Re: Kit is on the way...........  (United States)

OK - got the kit...........finally got it installed!  Cathy took it for its maiden voyage.......and she loved it!!!   She had a pretty serious mishap on her first scooter lesson, and was not sure about even getting on it again.    Now with the kit installed, she doesn't want to get off.  I sent pictures for the gallery.

So far, very pleased with the install. 

On the 400, it mounts to the frame and the centerstand, not like on the 650.

New Post 3/19/2008 8:46 AM
  seatec
161 posts
10th Level Poster

Re: Kit is on the way...........  (Canada)

Welcome Cathy, hope you enjoy it, thanks for sending the pictures of your trike.   Wayne

New Post 3/19/2008 11:13 PM
  Sonny1639
44 posts
No Ranking

Congratulations on the Tow-Pac on the 400.

I really enjoy mine on the 650. Yep had an "opportunity" with mine but just gave me something else to try to make better.

The Tow-Pac probably flexes a good bit more than the Danson but the way I look at it is what I wanted was just to stabilize the bike at stops etc so my wife would feel comfortable riding with me. I did look at how to make it stiff by making a few mods but for what I wanted it does a good job for me.

If I was planning on working several more years I might have been willing to spend more but really am ready to "hang it up".

Y'all have FUN ...Sonny

New Post 7/14/2008 1:06 PM
  Mamba
1 posts
No Ranking

Re: Kit is on the way...........  (United States)

taveau, now that you've had the TP kit for a few months what is your opinion regarding quality and satisfaction? Any caveats?

The wife bought the same '06 but it's mostly sat in the garage until this year when I started using it as a commuter due to the rise in gas $. However, she'd still like to ride it but is vertically-challenged and even tho' I lowered the seat (foam job) she still is hesitant to drive it sans training-wheels.

New Post 7/14/2008 2:52 PM
  taveau
5 posts
No Ranking

This is "the wife".  I absolutely love my scooter with the trike kit.  Gary and I have put over 2k miles  on our bikes since we have been riding this year.  I could not ride on 2 wheels, I just could not get the leaning.  We have been through the twisties riding through the beautiful Ozark mountains, city traffic, highway (big trucks don't push me around at all) and every where that Gary thought I should go to learn how to handle the scooter.  Gary says I can ride with anyone now and I keep up with him. He gets very envious at stops when all I have to do is apply my breaks and keep my feet up and he has to put his down.  I have no fear of falling over and that is a very big plus for me.  I googled every trike forum I could find and read all their suggestions on riding and safety before I started riding and got a lot of helpful information, so when we started riding I just had to think about that for a while and now it all comes naturally.  I highly recommend it!

Cathy

New Post 8/8/2008 11:15 PM
  adentre
6 posts
No Ranking

Hi Cathy, Can I ask how much the kit cost including shipping? I am interested in the 12 inch towpac.

Thanks, andy

New Post 8/9/2008 9:13 AM
  taveau
5 posts
No Ranking

Andy -

We got mine from T&C Cycle Stuff, for $3199 and free shipping.  He now has them on eBay - http://stores.ebay.com/T-C-Cycle-Stuff_W0QQsspagenameZMEQ3aFQ3aSTQQtZkm - for $3399 and free shipping.........

Previous Previous

Next Next
  Forum  Discussions  Tow-Pac Inc  Kit is on the way...........

Privacy Statement  |  Terms Of Use
Copyright 2007 Schooner Solutions Inc